Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. You are encouraged to not only ask questions but help others as well. If you have found Theopenem helpful in any way please consider purchasing a support contract. A support contract ensures the continued development of Theopenem as well as guaranteed responses to your questions in our helpdesk ticketing system.
RustDesk - remote control automatic deployment
I'd like to show a way to automatically deploy a RustDesk client:
- create command module
- command: "rustdesk-<version>-host=<IP-or-DNS-of-server>,key=<key>.exe"
- arguments: --reinstall
- external files:
- File Name: rustdesk-<version>-host=<IP-or-DNS-of-server>,key=<key>.exe
- URL: https://github.com/rustdesk/rustdesk/releases/download/nightly/rustdesk-1.2.0-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc.exe
- download your customized RustDesk2.toml with FileCopy module
- Destination: C:\<your-special-folder>\RustDesk
- Overwrite Existing Files
- Upload Files:
- upload your customized RustDesk2.toml
- create script module for importing custom config in RustDesk2.toml
Restart-Service -Name RustDesk Copy-Item "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\RustDesk\config\RustDesk.toml" -Destination "C:\\<your-special-folder>\Rustdesk" & 'C:\Program Files\RustDesk\rustdesk.exe' --import-config Rustdesk.toml & 'C:\Program Files\RustDesk\rustdesk.exe' --password <your-permanent-password> Restart-Service -Name RustDesk
For every one of your PCs, run this modules in their respective order or create a policy.
The script doesn't have any way to find out the remote ID, but you can use IP address, until there is a way to obtain the ID.