Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. You are encouraged to not only ask questions but help others as well. If you have found Theopenem helpful in any way please consider purchasing a support contract. A support contract ensures the continued development of Theopenem as well as guaranteed responses to your questions in our helpdesk ticketing system.
Injecting Drivers Over WinPE
is there a way to inject drivers in WIE? trying to image workstations without have toec installed on the image, I tried Editing the the uploaded image in Windows System imaging manager but i keep getting an error.
Are you talking about injecting model specific drivers into the image after deployment?
- Extract drivers from the machine:
Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination c:\Drivers
- Zip these into an archive (such as Drivers.zip) and upload these into a file copy module.
- On your image, create an image profile and enable the file copy module you created.
- On your setupcomplete.cmd file you will need:
pnputil.exe /add-driver c:\drivers\*inf /subdirs /install
- You may need to recapture your image with this setting. Now all you do for new models is extract drivers, create a file copy module and a new image profile.