Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Selecting drivers based on hardware variation within a model?

• I have a case, the Surface Pro (2017), my eternal tormenter, where the regular and LTE-equipped versions, are simply unrelated. They both have the model "Surface Pro" (as does the surface pro 1 but let's not talk about that thing), but they functionally have different motherboards with seemingly no overlapping hardware.

I have a universal image now, and I took the driver package from a regular. When I deploy this onto an LTE, it has to reinstall all of the basic device drivers, motherboard firmware, etc; which succeeds, it's just time consuming. There's a bunch of quirks when this sort of deep clean driver swap happens, the touch screen doesn't work, most of the driver installations end in a fail state twice, despite having succeeded, which throws off our automation, forcing much more manual intervention.

Is there maybe a good way to defer drivers until first-run, where I could use a dynamic group to detect motherboard revision or the NIC's presence?