Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

• G'Day Folks.

I want to use TheOpenEM for a really simple task. PXE Boot, take a laptop image, and reimage other laptops. A mate trialled a couple of other solutions to do this, but we found TheOpenEM was consistently faster at both reading and writing images than anything else we tried. This isn't a bulk, hundreds of laptops operation. We might do a few a week tops. But it'll still save us a lot of time.

So, the issue is all this works fine in testing. The standard instructions DIDN'T get PXE boot working for me, but google returned some answers, I had to head to the kernels menu, download a kernel, and set up PXE boot from there.

The issue - In my Prod environment, I'm forced through a proxy gateway. I have no say in this. I can't modify anything. When I go to the kernels menu, it's blank. Nothing. Zip. Nada. So I can't get the PXE boot working.

So.... Is it possible to manually grab a kernel, add it to the filesystem, and build my PXE boot stuff that way?