Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Login screen password field misbehaves with password managers

• I've been experiencing this from the beginning but now I'm migrating to the new release. When I have my password manager autofill, it enters a password, and then that gets cleared.

On chrome, using the old built in password manager or the new Google Password Manager, the offer to fill the password would not initially appeared, I had to put the cursor focus into a text field, then remove it, and re-enter the username field. Then after filling, I had to focus the password field, then remove focus, then the field would be filled. This being workable made me deprioritize this post

I switched to Bitwarden. Now it does offer to fill, but nothing I do will restore the filled password. Instead I copy & paste the password. While the password field is in this bounced state, the login attempt will fail.

In the Inspect menu, changing type="text" to type="password" corrects the behavior; but Theopenem uses ASP to generate HTML and I have not found a means to enact this change

<input name="WebLogin$Password" type="password" id="Password" class="password watermark" maxlength="8">

In C:\Program Files\Theopenem\Toems-UI\default.aspx, commenting out line 53 seems to correct the behavior as well.

<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function () {
            $('.uname').watermark('Username', { useNative: false });
            $('.uname').focus();
            //$('.password').watermark('Password', { useNative: false });
            $('.textbox').watermark('Verification Code', { useNative: false });
        });
    </script>

I do not experience this problem on the User Creation screen, but those textboxs aren't css password fields, and I don't know where the javascript would be.

default.aspx:

<asp:TextBox ID="Password" runat="server" TextMode="Password" CssClass="password" ClientIDMode="Static"></asp:TextBox>

create.aspx:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtUserPwd" runat="server" TextMode="Password" CssClass="textbox"></asp:TextBox>

I am not a web developer, I may have come to misguided conclusions.