Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Policy: Run a module if process X is not running?

• I'm new to TOEM but I like it a lot so far, but I struggle with some details.

I have created a module to start a certain application update. I wanted to create a policy that uses a Condition to check if the application in question is currently running and run the update module if it's not. I can use powershell with

Get-Process X*

in order to find the process (which will output nothing if the process is not found and otherwise will output the process information). But how can I tell TOEM to run the policy if this condition script module gives no output?

TIA
    SoWhy

• Okay, I figured it out by reading the manual for another, unrelated module. For those who struggle with the same problem:

Create a script module with the content

if (! (Get-Process X)) { Exit -1 }

where "X" is the name of the process. You can use * as a wildcard, e.g. X* will match any process whose name starts with "X". Set the "Success Codes" value to "-1" and toggle "Use As Condition". Save the module with some name you can remember, e.g. "Check if X is running"

Now, when creating a policy, you can use this module as a condition in the "Conditions" tab and it will only run if the process is not running.