Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

• Good morning,

I've had trouble with newer Acer laptops. Here's my current issue: We get through PXE boot, identify the device, select deploy, pick the image, and then it fails to find a hard drive on the PC. It suggests to try a different kernel. I've tried 4.20.10 (too old) 5.6.4, 5.10.11, 5.11.10, and 5.14.12. The device only supports UEFI, secure boot is not on, fast boot is not on. Can anyone think of anything else I should try?

• Are there any changes you can make to the hd in the bios? You can also try booting to the client console and running

dmesg

Look for any errors when loading the hd or firmware loading errors

• @theopenem_admin It loads several HBA and SCSI drivers, but I don't see any errors related to the hard drive, or any reference to the hard drive, for that matter. Trying to find a place I can SFTP the dmesg output file to. I'll reply as soon as I have it.