Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Fresh install and PXE not working

• Am testing this in VM as looking to install in the company. Server 2019 TOEMS. I have toems proxy dhcp on another VM with the interface IP set and the next server as 192.168.0.20

debug shows the PXE client comms, but I noticed in the client PXE boot it shows 192.168.0.1 instead of .20?

Also, would like the Toec client to work on mobile trailers over 4G and thinking using fqdn name. Does the connection stay for data from Toems server back to client? Or would this not work due to the remote internal IP or need a dyndns solution for client?

I could just set up Toems to use internal IP and not fqdn as we have VPN tunnel to the trailers anyway?

• So VM PXE boot works for legacy bios VM. Seems UEFI VM won't work for Vsphere or Proxmox

• @alext1024 said in Fresh install and PXE not working:

So VM PXE boot works for legacy bios VM. Seems UEFI VM won't work for Vsphere or Proxmox

I'm able to boot EFI under Vsphere.
    009f6f49-62a6-4064-bd43-ed4444fc778a-image.png

7e1153a0-415b-4988-ad10-80bf5f68de50-image.png

7f7adb6f-15b5-48c2-8f0c-96899839fce2-image.png

• @alext1024 said in Fresh install and PXE not working:

So VM PXE boot works for legacy bios VM. Seems UEFI VM won't work for Vsphere or Proxmox

Maybe I have to say I have older version of vSphere 6.0
    I'm investigating how to work with Lenovo laptops and PXE, but it seems to me there is difference in some networking support.
    Eg.: my older Lenovo laptop(i7-5600U) works well with grub or ipxe_efi64 (all TFTP uploads are fast), in contrast vSphere is able to use network and copy from TFTP but it is really slow (initrd.xz took about 30min)
    and my newer LENOVO (11thgen i5-1135g7) is not able to work with PXE right now (I believe it is some kernel problem)

• I'm confused with your proxy settings. In your initial post you say you are using the proxy but your images show that you are not using proxy.

• Thomas seems not using proxy in his pictures. I am using proxy and using the Toems DHCP Proxy tool. It works for BIOS VM and VM loads ipxe and the screen shows its then looking for tftp IP 192.168.0.20 which is Toems server. When uefi VM boots, it loads ipxe and then it's looking for Toems on wrong IP of 192.168.0.1. No idea why it's doing this

• @theopenem_admin said in Fresh install and PXE not working:

I'm confused with your proxy settings. In your initial post you say you are using the proxy but your images show that you are not using proxy.

My apologize, I didn't try proxy, only tested PXE with vSphere UEFI boot. And it was working.