Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

• Hello,
    I've noticed that the Program Files/Toec/AppData folder is getting increasingly full on my clients- tons of PowerShell scrips, etc. from modules I've deployed. Is there any cleanup tool I can enable to clean up that directory regularly? If not, is it recommended that I write a module to delete directories older than a certain age, etc.?
    Thanks,
    -Bryan

• In each policy is an option to delete cache. When this is enabled those files will be deleted after the policy runs. It's too late now you will need to clean then up manually, but going forward just enable that option. I should probably make this enabled by default.

• @theopenem_admin
    Cool. Is it safe to delete everything in that folder? Maybe I delete folders older than a day to prevent deleting something that is currently running?

• @theopenem_admin
    Also- would it be acceptable for me to just update the policies table in the database and flip the policy_remove_cache bit to 1 where it currently is 0? Sounds a lot easier than editing each of the 45 policies we currently have 🙂

• Sorry won't work. Other processes run when policies are changed.

• I found the delete cache option a bit late myself (entirely my overexcitement to play with a new toy). Script to the rescue, Toems cleaning up Toems:

Get-ChildItem -Path "C:\Program Files\Toec\AppData" -Include *.* -File -Recurse | foreach { $_.Delete()}

I have one that burns the log file on the clients as well, set for a 2-month cycle. Might bite me, might not. But this way I leave the folders intact and toast any cached installers inside of them I forgot to flip the switch for (I'm looking at you, oh bloated Adobe).

• Looks good, you shouldn't need to worry about the client log files. They are capped at 10MB with a max of 2 files.