Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

How to Perform Standalone Image Deploy?

• I am new to TheOpenEM tool but I am familiar with the older cousin Clonezilla. I like them both very much however the nice UI that has been created with TheOpenEM is great. Thank you all that contributed.

What I am trying to do is create a solution for an offline fully standalone image restore capability. What I mean by this is that I want to be able to take a current image capture, put it on a bootable media (thumb drive/Blue Ray/etc), boot that media and then use the TOEC UI to install the local image.

The purpose is so that I may be able to ship media to external supported personnel or sites without them having to stand-up a local TOEMS server.

So far all I have found in the documentation, tutorials and this forum is the method to create the boot .iso for a client that will allow that TOEC client to access my networked TOEMS server.

Any help understanding how to achieve this is much appreciated.

• Thanks for your inquiry but that's not how Theopenem works. You must have a network connection to the server from each computer you want to image, it could be LAN or WAN since images are deployed over http.

• @theopenem_admin Thank you for your prompt response. With that would you happen to know if I can use an older Clonezilla software product to restore an image captured by TheOpenEM?

Thank you.