Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Where do I find script and module logs?

• Hi all!

Maybe this is kind of a "I am blind"-question, so sorry in advance 😄

Currently I'm testing around with modules and software installation-scripts and so on, and I am asking two questions to myself.

When I have a simple script module in which i do something like

del C:\install\file.xml /y [wrong syntax]

instead of

del C:\install\file.xml /f [correct syntax]

where can I look up the error messages / log of the script? to see this error for example: 'Unknown Option - "y"'
    b476a74b-b05f-40c0-80de-158f39939cbb-image.png

My second question:

What exactily do this two options do, where can i find those logs?

91c2a7d1-ca46-4c03-8fa1-be4c6dcc7e5c-image.png

Actually I think the answer to second will answer first aswell - but we will see 🙂

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks for your answer,

First couldn't see detailed information about the script actions / errors in any of these logs.
    So I asked where exactly should the standard output / errors be logged to find it.

I know all of these four log files of course, but couldn't see and find where the detailed information about the script operations / outputs were logged exactly.

Now I just wanted to do another clear test and finally saw this line, where those two infos are indeed logged:

2023-11-18 01:52:50,404 INFO [29] ModuleScriptManager - {"ExitCode":1,"StandardError":"Ungltige Option - "y".\r\n\r\n","StandardOut":"\r\nC:\Program Files\Toec\AppData\094fc44f-8836-4f8c-819e-98c07afee93e>echo This should be any output. \r\nThis should be any output.\r\n\r\nC:\Program Files\Toec\AppData\094fc44f-8836-4f8c-819e-98c07afee93e>del C:\nopath\nofile.txt /y \r\n\r\n"}

Is this information also checkable directly in the webUI somewhere? So I mean the content of StandardError and StandardOut without the need to dig through the toec client log?