Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

• Hello everyone, I was a clonedeploy user and have been still using it as I don't do too much imaging and it worked for what I needed. Until yesterday that is. We got some new laptops in yesterday (Lenovo Thinkpad T14s with the Ryzen 5 4650U) and when I tried to boot clonedeploy I would get to grub but when I selected "clonedeploy" I was met with an infinite black screen. I assumed that the zen 2 cpus didn't support the 4.16 kernel so after trying a few other things I decided today I'd just bite the bullet and install Theopenem on a server and test it out because I had been intending to anyway. After I got it fully configured I downloaded the Linux Installation Environment image with the 5.10.11 kernel and tried to boot it on the T14 but ran into a very similar issue. I could boot to grub but once I selected "theopenem" I was met with an infinite black screen. The only difference being theopenem had a cursor indicator that seemed frozen. I wasn't able to get to any tty or anything else and my only solution was to hard reset the machine. I also tried my new Theopenem usb on a couple different machines and they worked fine. I'm still kind of convinced this has something to do with the ryzen cpu but I really have no idea other than that. I considered using WinPE but if there is a way to get this working with the Linux usb I'd prefer that. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

• Newer machines are having trouble booting the older version of grub. When you generate your usb, disable the option for secure boot support. This will create the usb with a newer version of grub. Obviously you will then need to disable secure boot on your machine.

• @theopenem_admin I can't believe I didn't try that before posting. That option wasn't in clonedeploy so I assumed that it was there for newer machines so I left it on haha. Thanks a lot it worked!

• Hi, same issue here. But I don't have a server available to deploy theopenem yet. Is there any way to generate a new grub for clonedeploy? I know you don't support it anymore, but may be there is a quick fix ?

Thank you.

• I did figure out USB solution by installing theopenem on win 10 and duplicating settings. So how about PXE boot for new machines? Does theopenem supports it? Doesn't work in my test environment.

• It supports pxe boot

• @theopenem_admin said in Lenovo T14 boot issues:

It supports pxe boot

Is there anything specific I have to do then ? Because new lenovo machines don't boot from pxe. Secure boot disabled. USB boot works ok.

• Are your other models pxe booting ok? What pxe bootloader are you using?

• @theopenem_admin
    Yes, ipxe.

• the efi version?

• @theopenem_admin I think I tried default version. I'll double check tomorrow.
    Do you recommend ipxe_efi64 ?