Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Computer Registration Issue when Imaging

• Hello, I am testing imaging in a lab environment (ESXi) before deploying it for production use.
    I am running into an issue with automatic image capture. The goal is for us to easily upload an image from 1 machine and then deploy to the rest and have the computers automatically registered.

First I create a new image. Then under the computer (toec installed) I want to upload the image, I go to image settings and assign the image to the computer and apply. I then select upload image on the computer. I unregister the Toec application through powershell and shutdown the VM. Boot into ipxe_efi64.
    Where I have an issue is with the upload process. In the tutorial, the computer sees the open imaging task for the computer and starts the upload. However, in my case, I see the message "This computer is not registered. No active web tasks were found for this computer. Starting registration."

I can't figure out why this is the case. From my understanding the computer should already be registered and see the imaging task created for it. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Edit: The problem is that the computer that the image was uploaded from does not re-enroll and needs to be removed from Theopenem and a reinstall of toec.

• When you installed toec did you collect inventory? That needs to be done if you want the imaging client to already be registered.