Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

• Hi,

I installed this manager a few days back. I was using FOG up until now.
    I stumbled upon this problem while booting. It happens randomly from what I've seen.

Here's s picture from Proxmox VM with SeaBios:
    e138a78e-a0e7-42ea-812a-373d5f0f3555-image.png

I use DHCP Proxy setting with separate Linux machine with ISC DHCP, where I have set next-server with its IP and filename "pxeboot.0", while having pxelinux for BIOS and ipxe_efi for Efi32 and 64.
    I have already succesfully captured and deployed an image etc etc, except this problem arises once in a while.
    My only temporary fix for it was to disable DHCP Proxy setting, set the pxelinux option, save it, generate boot files and it works. Then after setting DHCP Proxy back on with mentioned settings for all 3 options, saving and generating boot files, it manages to load the pxeboot.0 file without problems.

• Are you using the dhcp proxy from Theopenem or ISC DHCP?

• @theopenem_admin I'm not getting what you mean; I use ISC DHCP as the main DHCP server.
    There I have set the next-server and filename "pxeboot.0" options.

On TheOpenEM I have enabled DHCP Proxy in Admin settings, where I set which filename for Bios and UEFI should be used.

I don't use DHCP Proxy from TheOpenEM website.

• Ok, if you aren't using a dhcp proxy to serve multiple bootloaders based on machine type, then you need to change the pxe mode back to normal to only have a single bootloader active at one time. You would then need to manually change it based on machine type such as legacy or efi. Have you watched this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=041BeOI6_cc

• @theopenem_admin yes I watched the video.

So then there could be 2 options (?) :

• install DHCP Proxy for multiple bootloaders and letting filename "pxeboot.0" in ISC DHCP
    • or maybe to set classes for different types of machines in ISC DHCP with full filepath to bios and efi bootloaders? - (used this with FOG, with setting in ISC as shown below)
    class "UEFI-32-1" {
           match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00006";
           filename "i386-efi/ipxe.efi";
    }

class "UEFI-32-2" {
           match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00002";
           filename "i386-efi/ipxe.efi";
    }

class "UEFI-64-1" {
           match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00007";
           filename "ipxe.efi";
    }

class "UEFI-64-2" {
           match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00008";
           filename "ipxe.efi";
    }

class "UEFI-64-3" {
           match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00009";
           filename "ipxe.efi";
    }

class "Legacy" {
           match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00000";
           filename "undionly.kpxe";
    }

• You can use the classes since your DHCP server supports it. These are the paths.

proxy/bios/pxeboot.0
    proxy/efi32/pxeboot.0
    proxy/efi64/pxeboot.0

Leave your Theopenem pxe settings set to proxy.