Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Email Alerts For Hardware Items

• Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before - I couldn't find anything on the forums.

Is there any way to configure an email alert if an inventory collection detects something like a disk failure or disk running out of space? Those are the two things I want to be notified about. I've got the collection going and I can see SMART statuses and whatnot, just not sure if I can set up any alerting around those.

PS - been a fan since the CloneDeploy days. Way to go on the new project! This is awesome.

Thanks for any help.

• You will automatically be notified of smart errors if you are an administrator and you have setup your email address for your account and you have setup your SMTP server in admin settings. There is nothing for low disk space at the moment. I can add it in a future release.

• @theopenem_admin Awesome, thanks for that. Will I be notified of an issue after the following data collection period? I think I followed the policy tutorial and did one every hour or so. Will it alert if a drive completely goes offline / missing, or just SMART errors? Will new drives automatically add at each collection as well?

TOEMS looks like it can successfully see SMART statuses through my RAID controller which is cool, so I'm curious as if it will work if a drive just vanishes, which is just about as likely as a SMART error in my experience.

Is there any way to test this?

Thanks again!