Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

WIE image building not working

• So, since we are using mostly Windows machines, I've started to set up another server with WIE only, but I have problems.
    After installation of TOEMS and configuration by steps included, on fresh installation of Windows 10 22h2 64 bit, I've started Building windows environment. Followed the tutorial, enter all relevant information in cmd file, but build crashes at one point, for x86 images:

MakePE Version:  	20151014
    ===============================================================================
    MakePE Directory Information:
    	MakePE Directory:  	D:\wie_builder-2.0.1
    	MakePE Builds:  	D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds
    	MakePE Components:  	
    	MakePE Optional:  	D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Optional
    	MakePE Scripts:  	D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Scripts
    AIK and ADK Installation Status:
    	Windows 10 ADK:		C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
    WinPE Source Status:
    	WinPE Version:  	10 
    	WinPE Platform:  	x86
    	WinPE Architecture:  	x86
    	WinPE Language:  	en-us
    	WinPE WIM:   		
    	WinPE Type:  		
    WinPE Mount and Build Status:
    	WIM Mount Directory:  	C:\Users\THEOPE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\
    	WIM Temp:   		D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\TEMP WinPE 10 x86 .wim
    	WIM BasePE:   		D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\tftpboot\boot\WinPE10x86.wim
    ISO Status:
    	ISO Supporting Files:				D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO-Support\Support
    	ISO Source Directory:				D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO-Support\WinPE10x86
    	ISO Source WIM:					D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\tftpboot\boot\WinPE10x86.wim
    	ISO Destination WIM:				D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO-Support\WinPE10x86\Sources\Boot.wim
    	ISO Destination (ISODestination):		D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO\WinPE 10 x86 .iso
    	ISO Label (ISOLabel):				WinPE 10 x86
    	SuperISO Source Directory:			D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\SuperISO
    	SuperISO Destination (SuperISODestination):	D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO\WinPE SuperISO.iso
    	SuperISO Label (SuperISOLabel):			WinPE SuperISO
    Windows Kit Status:
    	Windows Kit:  		C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
    	CABS:  			C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\x86\WinPE_OCs
    	dism.exe:  		C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\AMD64\DISM\dism.exe
    	imagex.exe:  		C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\AMD64\DISM\imagex.exe
    	oscdimg.exe:  		D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO-Support\Support\WinPE10x86\oscdimg.exe
    	etfsboot.com:  		D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO-Support\Support\WinPE10x86\etfsboot.com
    	efisys.bin:  		D:\wie_builder-2.0.1\Builds\ISO-Support\Support\WinPE10x86\efisys.bin
    MakePE Options:
    	TimeZone:		Eastern Standard Time
    WARNINGS:
    Could not determine a WIM file to use 

error_building_pe.png

I'm left only with x64 images. Can't recreate boot files or anything because the files are missing, even after I transferred all files to that tftp boot folder, "merging" them.
    What is wrong? I'm uploading screenshot, too.

It is not a problem reinstalling whole system if needed, as it is done in 15 minutes.

• WinPE no longer supports x86 as of ADK version 22H2. You just need to remove the following lines from your ToemsPE-Build.cmd file so that only the 64 bit version is created.

set PLATFORM=x86
    set Pass=2
    call .\Scripts\MakePE.cmd
    if /I %CreateISO% EQU true call .\Scripts\SuperISO.cmd

• OK, I will at monday, when on my work. Will there be any problems with creating boot images within web GUI?

Also, is there any tutorial about setting up WIE imaging environment? I've setup server up until checking that number that has to be 60, linux environment is already set up, just have to select proper boot images, but is WIE just creating winPE images, placing them into tftpboot folder and selecting them in server?

• That's all there is to it. The only docs are here.
    https://docs.theopenem.com/tutorials/wie/

• @theopenem_admin
    Thank you. It works now.