Theopenem 1.5.0 Released
- adds the ability to automatically deploy Toec to computers within your domain based on OU, security group, or custom list
- adds the ability to image a computer directly through the Toec client using WIE. Enables the ability to image without needing to pxe / usb boot.
- adds the option to not overwrite files when using a file copy module
- adds option search computers by serial number and user
- adds option to specify keyboard layout in WIE
- adds gpu collection to inventory
- adds option to use ldap security groups for predefined computer groups
- adds option to go back in on demand imaging menu if you make an incorrect selection
- adds MFA to web interface login and / or imaging login
- adds some additional fields to the group members view page
- updates ipxe to the latest version
- fixes an issue with reports when the same table is used twice with an AND condition
- fixes an issue where starting a web imaging task without password requirements will still require a login when using the WIE or using the LIE without pxe boot.
- fixes an upload issue when an active com server fails and falls back to a passive com server
- fixes an issue where WIE would fail if acquiring an ip address took to long
- fixes an issue where impersonation tasks would not run if the user was not an administrator on that computer
- pxe boot now creates a pxe file for each mac address inventoried instead of just the primary mac
- removes multicast rdv address to allow proper multicast on D class IPv4 addresses
- sets policy delete cache to enabled by default
- toec image prep no longer modifies the drivers registry path
Important: Version 1.5.0 requires .NET 4.8
Important update information can be found at https://docs.theopenem.com/tutorials/updates/
I will be working on rewriting all of the documentation and creating new videos during the next month or so. If you need help with a new feature before the documentation is finished, just post something in the forum.
@theopenem_admin wow nice.
but I get an error:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: The 'targetFramework' attribute in the <compilation> element of the Web.config file is used only to target version 4.0 and later of the .NET Framework (for example, '<compilation targetFramework="4.0">'). The 'targetFramework' attribute currently references a version that is later than the installed version of the .NET Framework. Specify a valid target version of the .NET Framework, or install the required version of the .NET Framework.
Line 8: <forms name="form1" protection="All" timeout="240"/>
Line 9: </authentication>
Line 10: <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.8"/>
Line 11: <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.8"/>
Line 12: </system.web>
Source File: C:\Program Files\Theopenem\Toems-UI\web.config Line: 10
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3429.0
Did you carefully read the update directions? Seems that you are missing .net 4.8
@theopenem_admin seems there's a problem with updating the clients because of used files by Toec-UI process.
I set the "Prepare Toec Updates" option, but no clients seem to be updated, probably because of this.
This is shown if I try to manually install new client. I must end the process in task manager.
If I choose Force Checkin, nothing happens, the version of client of PC is not updated.
After that if I restart the PC, it stops responding to Status Action etc.
@eruthon adding this from the logs:
2022-12-05 13:55:39,461 INFO  ServiceUpdate - Client Update Required 2022-12-05 13:55:39,461 INFO  ServiceUpdate - Updating Toec To: Toec-1.5.0-x64.msi 2022-12-05 13:55:39,554 ERROR  ApiRequest - Could Not Complete Raw API Request. The Response was empty.Policy/GetClientMsi/
How many com servers do you have? If more than 1, did you sync the storage after you prepared the updates?
@theopenem_admin I have one Com server, with central SMB storage. It's true that I have replication problems, as data from SMB are not synced automatically - haven't found the cause of this issue though. I've opened a ticket for it, but managed to copy the modules manually, so I guess it's time to repair it
Think I found a way to terminate toec-ui on installation of new client. Going to release new update with this change.
Also, forcing a checkin does not update the client. Only when it checks in from it's normal checkin cycle.
Ok, this is getting long. I double checked, and if you let the client checkin during it's normal process, it will successfully update as long as the toec updates have been prepared and synced. The message about toec-ui.exe needing closed, only appears to happen if you manually run the msi on the client.
@theopenem_admin ok, found the client installators in SMB storage. Copied it from there manually to com server. Should work, I hope. But if you have time, please, check my issue with the replication. And also you can delete this thread.