Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Attempting to enable Proxy DHCP

• This tool looks great...however I have spent the better half of the day attempting to get this going 😞

When attempting to enable Proxy DHCP, I get the following error:

Updated Settings Successfully, But Could Not Copy PXE Binaries On One Or More Com Servers. Check The Logs For More Info

There's nothing else in the logs. I've watched the videos and completely uninstalled/reinstalled.

Any help would be great thanks!

• @virtual-clue
    Happened to me because of tftp using the files most of the time, because clients on network were in boot loop and nonstop asking for the boot files. Try LockHunter software or sth similar to check if some programs are using the boot files pxeboot.0 and the ones in proxy folder.

• @eruthon said in Attempting to enable Proxy DHCP:

use of tftp using the files mos

Ok! so I got this to work by turning TFTP off, then updating ProxyDHCP, then reenabling TFTP.

Now, I can boot legacy systems, but when I attempt to boot UEFI, I get: mstsc_kBaacBtVwW.png

My router (192.168.99.1) is doing DHCP (with no options), I'm running the DHCP proxy on Theopenem server (192.168.99.251).

I've double checked my config for the DHCP Proxy and the Next-Server is set to 192.168.99.251.

🤔

• @virtual-clue
    I'm using ISC DHCP server and I had to create classes for different architectures on that main server, although I have multiple VLANs, not one like you do.
    But obviously the PXE client tries to download boot files from your main DHCP server and even then it tries to download WRONG file, it should be pxeboot.0, and it should be set by the DHCP server to point to correct architecture path on TOEMS, so in case you or someone else needs the config for ISC DHCP, here's mine:

class "UEFI-32-1" {
            match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00006";
            filename "proxy/efi32/pxeboot.0";
    }

class "UEFI-32-2" {
            match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00002";
            filename "proxy/efi32/pxeboot.0";
    }

class "UEFI-64-1" {
            match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00007";
            filename "proxy/efi64/pxeboot.0";
    }

class "UEFI-64-2" {
            match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00008";
            filename "proxy/efi64/pxeboot.0";#
    }

class "UEFI-64-3" {
            match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00009";
            filename "proxy/efi64/pxeboot.0";
    }

class "Legacy" {
            match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 20) = "PXEClient:Arch:00000";
            filename "proxy/bios/pxeboot.0";
    }

• can you post your proxy config file?

• @theopenem_admin said in Attempting to enable Proxy DHCP:

your proxy config

See below thanks!

;Config File For Toems Proxy DHCP Server

[settings]

; LISTEN-DHCP sets the server to listen for pxe boot dhcp offers and apple netboot dhcp informs on port 67
    ; Can be false if Toems Proxy DHCP is installed on the same server as your DHCP Server and option 60 is set to PXEClient on that DHCP Server
    ; Valid values: true | false

listen-dhcp=true

; LISTEN-PROXY sets the server to listen for pxe boot proxy dhcp requests on port 4011
    ; Must be true for PXE booting
    ; Valid values: true | false

listen-proxy=true

; INTERFACE sets the nic you want to listen on.
    ; Any interface can be specified with 0.0.0.0
    ; If running on Linux with Mono, you must use 0.0.0.0
    ; Valid values: A single IPv4 address | 0.0.0.0

interface=0.0.0.0

; NEXT-SERVER sets the IPv4 address of the tftp server
    ; Value is required
    ; Valid values: A single IPv4 address

next-server=192.168.99.251

; COMSERVER-URL sets the optional url for the com server

comserver-url=http://192.168.99.251:8888/

; CHECK-WEB-RESERVATIONS check the Toems server for static computer boot reservations
    ; Valid values true | false

check-web-reservations=true

; CHECK-TFTP-CLUSTER check the Toems server for tftp cluster groups

check-tftp-cluster=false

; TFTP-POLLING-INTERVAL when using clustered tftp server, how often to check to see if they are up
    ; Valid values number (in seconds)

tftp-polling-interval=30

; ALLOW-ALL-MAC sets the server to respond to all pxe boot or netboot requests or limit to only those set in the allow file

allow-all-mac=true

; BIOS-BOOTFILE sets the file that is loaded for legacy bios clients, both x86 and x64
    ; Path is relative to your tftp base folder
    ; If using with Theopenem, it should always be proxy/bios/pxeboot.0

bios-bootfile=proxy/bios/pxeboot.0

; EFI32-BOOTFILE sets the file that is loaded for efi x86 clients
    ; If using with Theopenem, it should always be proxy/efi32/pxeboot.0

efi32-bootfile=proxy/efi32/pxeboot.0

; EFI64-BOOTFILE sets the file that is loaded for efi x64 clients
    ; If using with Theopenem, it should always be proxy/efi64/pxeboot.0

efi64-bootfile=proxy/efi64/pxeboot.0

; SERVER-IDENTIFIER-OVERRIDE sets the Server Identifier
    ; By default this value is set to the inteface value when empty, except in cases where it cannot be, such as an interface set to 0.0.0.0
    ; Valid values: A single IPv4 address

server-identifier-override=192.168.99.251