Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Use Bootable ISO as an image?

• New to Theopenem, and so far like what I'm seeing. That said, I do have a question :).

Previously, I used another free tool, iVentoy, which was nowhere near what Theopenem is, but did have a cool piece of functionality: after creating my custom unattended installation ISO, I could just drop it into the appropriate folder and the PXE menu would automatically pick it up and offer it on the remote device. There I could select it and walk away, since the installer is 100% automated.

I realize this isn't an "image" in the usual sense, just a highly customized unattended install. I keep it this way because we have a mix of techs who can reach it over the network and others who can't, so they just burn it to a USB device and off they go. Also good to have in a pinch if things go sideways at an end user's location.

If there's a way to do this in Theopenem I haven't found it yet. Am I missing it? 🙂

Thanks!

Jay

• This functionality is not implemented. You need to have a network connection to download the image.

• @theopenem_admin

I apologize I didn't explain well enough. What I'm asking is whether theopenem can offer an iso to a PXE boot client over the network.

In the other app I mentioned, you put your bootable iso files into a folder, start the pxe server and when a client connects over there network, it serves those up in a user selectable list. Makes it easy to have bootable tools like Windows, Rescue disk, clonezilla, gparted, etc at the ready.

• It won't automate it for you, but you have full control over the pxe boot menus to boot whatever you want.