Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

server error after logging in

• Hi!

Maybe you can help me here. I am currently trying to test theopenem on my test-system.
    I can install it without any problems, used the default mariadb and had been able to configure quite alot already.
    While i was testing around with my first client i suddenly got logged out of the web-UI. When I try to login again now i get a server application error from IIS:

d81dd1cc-0ba6-48f9-962a-ef0a54ff241f-image.png

I didn't change anything in the config which could have caused that, for some reason it just stopped working.
    Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this?

My FrontendLog reports this every time:

2023-10-09 18:45:07,835 [13] ERROR Toems_ApiCalls.ApiRequest Response Data Was Null For Resource: User/GetForLogin/
    2023-10-09 18:53:23,733 [13] ERROR Toems_ApiCalls.ApiRequest Response Data Was Null For Resource: User/GetForLogin/
    2023-10-09 19:13:13,958 [23] ERROR Toems_ApiCalls.ApiRequest Response Data Was Null For Resource: User/GetForLogin/

Any help would be appreciated!

• Hi again,

I think I found the reason. Since the configuration was for test purposes i set the
    "Web Ui Timeout (Minutes)" to 0 to prevent a session timeout.

But instead of disabling the timeout with 0 as value as known from other configurations, you get this neat little error and are unable to login again.

If this error occurs to you and you can't login to fix it anymore: you can change the value directly in the database (you have the connection info in your Toems-API web.config).
    It is stored in "admin_settings" -> "ID 99" -> "Web UI Timeout". Then just set it to 60 which is the default value.

Hope this can help someone in future and
    @theopenem_admin maybe this could be a bug report or suggestion 🙂

O/

• thanks for the update, I'll add it to the bug list.