Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

"Not Authorized" after attempting to upload/deploy image to device on 1.5.0

• Hi there,

I recently updated to 1.5.0 and now I think we are experiencing a bug. We've never had this problem before 1.5.0.

We don't register our devices, we just do unregistered deployments/uploads.

After we network boot using ipxe bootloader, log in and select upload or deploy, we immediately get an error message:

** An Error Has Occurred **

...... Not Authorized

** Rebooting in One Minute **

This seems to happen sporadically.

Is there anything that I can do?

Here is a screenshot of the error:

-5254336781509910703.jpg

Thanks!

• Can you post a deploy log from one of these failed attempts?

• @theopenem_admin Sure thing.

Setting webPath to http://10.10.10.39:8888/clientimaging/

System Model: OptiPlex 3000

** Looking For Active Task For cc:96:e5:06:d6:78.8J51GT3.4c4c4544-004a-3510-8031-b8c04f475433 **

{"computerId":"false","task":"ond","taskId":null,"computerName":null}

...... This Computer Was Not Found

** Looking For Model Match Task For OptiPlex 3000 **

{"imageProfileId":null,"imageName":null,"imageProfileName":null}

System Model: OptiPlex 3000

** Looking For Active Task For cc:96:e5:06:d6:78 **

{"computerId":"false","task":"ond","taskId":null,"computerName":null}

...... This Computer Was Not Found

** Looking For Model Match Task For OptiPlex 3000 **

{"imageProfileId":null,"imageName":null,"imageProfileName":null}

This Computer Is Not Registered. No Active Web Tasks Were Found For This Computer. Starting Registration.

** An Error Has Occurred **

...... Not Authorized

• You are certain this happens after you select upload or deploy from the on demand menu, and not before. I am trying to see how that could be possible, and so far I can't.

• @theopenem_admin I double checked the message from a colleague. It appears it happened after selecting "Start On Demand Task". I'll attached both screenshots. It's happened to him as well as several others and it happened to myself only once using the administrator account.

I also tried changing the PXE bootloader to syslinux and and the problem remained.

Although, I just created a new user for him as an administrator and he said it worked.

-6932619404778617930.jpg 1264796442090250846.jpg

• That makes more sense. Now to find out why.

• Same problem here, happens only on UEFI 64bit and not on BIOS/Legacy systems. (didn't test UEFI 32bit)

• I remember having some issues with 3000s on Windows PE at my last job. If I recall I had to drop to the command line and assign the IP address manually. I'm not sure if that helps you at all or how you would do that on the Linux bootloader.

I do know the Linux bootloader sometimes works with secure boot but on some machines you need to turn it off while imaging. You could try turning off RAID as well and use AHCI.

• @eruthon said in "Not Authorized" after attempting to upload/deploy image to device on 1.5.0:

Same problem here, happens only on UEFI 64bit and not on BIOS/Legacy systems. (didn't test UEFI 32bit)

I also tried it now on registered PCs, it shows right after login on both UEFI 64 and Bios.
    I remembered there were some new MFA features. Tried turning them on and off in Admin settings and for users, but no luck.

Also tried regenerating boot files, but no change.

• Been trying to replicate this and so far unsuccessful. There must be some common denominator. Are you using an admin account or one with custom permissions?

• Maybe it will help, though maybe it's a bug on its own:
    I've got empty custom boot entries labeled "You are booted in <BIOS/UEFI> PXE"
    These entries are correctly displayed in Boot Menu Editor for all menus, so in "default" files, too.

But a year ago, when I started to use TOEM, I added "Test" boot menu entry just to see how it works, disabled it afterwards. It's still disabled, but shows in UEFI boot menu (BIOS boot menu shows its "You are booted in BIOS PXE").

I tried reenabling the new UEFI identification label and redisabling the Test label, though nothing happened on clients. As if the pxeboot.0 file is not updated with correct data.

• @jwasilco I haven't tried setting the IP manually, I'm not sure if that's even possible. We do disable RAID and secure boot to get these to image.

• @theopenem_admin All of our techs log in with a normal user account that are members of a group that gives them access to only image. Myself, I normally just log in with the admin account. I've had it happen to myself just once, but I've had at least three techs report they've had the problem, to the point where they retry 3-4 times and give up.

• When you upgraded you verified .Net 4.8 was installed?

• @eruthon I personally haven't messed with customizing the boot menu with Theopenem. I did back when we used Clonedeploy. This is on a new server.

• @theopenem_admin I just doublechecked the server and .NET 4.8 is installed. I didn't make any changes to it before or after install theopenem 1.5.0.

• @theopenem_admin Mine reported having 4.8 or newer already installed, too

• Well, running out of ideas, still cannot replicate. You generated the global imaging token after install?

• @theopenem_admin I did not regenerate any tokens. I can try this.

I just ran into the problem again with the admin account.

I tried changing the password for admin, same problem.

I tried one of our techs accounts, no change.

I tried using a newly created account and it worked.

• I attempted again using the newly created account that worked before and it gave me "Not authorized" this time. I also regenerated the Imaging token under settings > security.