Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Imaging Computers Offsite - Any adjustments needed?

• Hello,

I am wanting to allow a team member who is off site in another state to utilize our already uploaded images to deploy windows images to computers at that location. They can be connected via cat cable to a fiber connection but they will not be on the same lan. Is there anything special that I need to adjust to allow this? My instance of the open em is already accessible to the outside and this person uses it to manage our endpoints occasionally.. what about opening any ports? Will she need a dhcp server at her location or can ip addresses be assigned manually? What’s the best way to go about this… it’s also my understanding that she cannot upload images unless she’s on the same lan… only deploy them. Thank you I’m advance for the assistance.

• As long as you built your bootable USB with the com server specified with a FQDN and your firewall is forwarding to your server, it will work.

• @theopenem_admin Can you tell me specifically what I need to set within our firewall? Port numbers or special forwarding of any kind? Sorry for the novice request.. I have a network guy that I rely on, I'm more on the server/data integrity end of things. I appreciate you.

• Com server runs on port 8888, any requests that hit your firewall on port 8888 need forwarded to your server on port 8888.

• @theopenem_admin Screenshot 2023-07-28 102243.jpg

Seems to be set correctly. I just can't seem to image from an offsite location via usb.. It tells me the imaging client isn't available and it doesn't auto assign an ip. Maybe i'll double check my boot iso?

• do you have a screenshot? If you have a dhcp server at that location, it should get an ip

• @theopenem_admin I'll load one up in a few minutes and post a screenshot. Supposing I load one in a location that doesn't have a dhcp server.. could I run a portable one like the one you use in your tutorial videos without screwing anything else up on the network... perhaps create a little subnetwork at this location just for imaging purposes? Is there one that's better than others? (dhcp server)

• @theopenem_admin I apologize for the delay. I was able to get the autodiscover and everything to work now seemingly. It registers the computers and gets up to the point where I can just about deploy an image... I can see the task in the webgui... I can see the computer listed with the custom name I gave it under imageonly under computers... yet I cannot see any of our images to be able to deploy them to this offsite computer. Any idea why? It just says no images instead of the 5 or 6 we have present.