Welcome to the community forums for Theopenem. All responses are provided by other users that wish to help out. Theopenem will not respond to these posts. If you require more assistance than what the community can provide, we offer various paid support options.

Add NIC drivers to USB boot stick?

• Is there a way to add NIC drivers to the ISO/USB boot stick? I have the latest version of TheOpenEM installed (1.4.4.0) and have tried several different kernels (5.11.10, 5.10.11, 4.16.1) and cannot get any of the new Dell Optiplex 7090 boxes or Dell Latitude 7420 laptops to boot to a newly created USB stick. Well, they boot and get to the part where it asks if I want to boot to Local Machine,TheOpenEM, or Client Console. But when I choose either TheOpenEM or Client Console, I just get a solid cursor in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I went in on both models and tried disabling SecureBoot, fiddling with any BIOS settings that would hinder booting from USB and I get the same on both. I'm thinking it could be a NIC driver issue, but I'm admittedly a bit of a Noob. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• @theopenem_admin
    THANK YOU! It is insanity that even with the SecureBoot function disabled in the BIOS it still wouldn't boot past the cursor with the ISO created with the SecureBoot shim in place. But creating a new one without it did the trick. TheOpenEM > MDT for so many reasons. So glad we get to keep using it!