Move SMB Share
I am having a heck of a time getting my SMB share moved from its old location to its new location. This is what I have done so far:
- Created a new shared directory (SMB Share) It has all of the same permissions as the old share
- copied all of the images from the old directory to the new directory
- updated the Storage Location in Theopenem admin panel
- Go to images and it doesn't see them.
- If I change the storage back to the old location it see them fine (in the old directory)
What steps am I missing here is there something else i need to do like a config file change or a reboot of the server ?
Any help is appreciated I am stumped at this point !
That's all there is, I'm guessing something isn't right with the share or settings in the storage location. Do you see the share free space in the dashboard?
@theopenem_admin yes I do I think i got it to work it has to have another images folder under the sub directory that I had in place, they are now all showing up ! Thanks for the quick response !
@neorad84 however when I attempt to image now with the new location I am getting this error
do i need to rebuild my WIE images to make this work correctly ?
@theopenem_admin I should add that I have 2 openem servers sharing this location, do I need to setup the 2nd server differently than the first server:
Colorado network One Openem server with PXE
California network One Openem Sever with PXE
Both share the same smb directory
The image that I am trying to use was uploaded on the Colorado network
Any help is appreciated !